1) Hi Michael, thanks for taking the time to answer some questions for us. First of all, congratulations on coming 11th in the Atlantis Short Story Contest. How do you feel?
I feel happy and proud because I got a good position in the competition. Ben sent me the website link,then I paid to enter. I sent an email to the website with the needed information.
2) What sort of feedback did you receive from the judges? Did you learn anything that has helped your writing?
The judges gave me constructive feedback. I have learned that it’s normally good to have more than one problem. You would have had a better story if you added more problems.
3) Can you tell us about the inspiration for your story? Did you have a clear plan before you started writing?
My sister Mia inspired me by writing another story which I liked. I did have a plan which was clear. Mia wrote a story about dolphins. It inspired me by making me want to write another story which could fit in with the amount of words needed.
4) We learn a lot about Jake, your main character, in the first section of the story. How did you decide what details to include?
Ben and my sister helped to make the decisions and the rest of the first paragraph I did my self. They asked me questions about the main character, then I wrote in my answers in that section.
5) Are you working on any other stories?
I am writing another story which I am typing up. It is about a mad scientist who wants to destroy the world, but I haven’t enjoyed it as much as Jake and the Peach. It is less realistic.
Click here to read Jake and the Peach!
Where young writers (and some older ones) write.